The Spray Pioneer Museum was built in 1912 as the Spray Baptist Church. It was deeded over to the City of Spray in 1991 and opened as the Museum in 1993. The Spray Pioneer Museum was organized for the purpose of preserving the history of Spray, Oregon and the surrounding community. To this end, The Spray Pioneer Museum collects, preserves, exhibits, and publishes material of historical character for the educational benefit of all visitors. The Museum has displays representing life in the 1800’s, Indian artifacts, fossils, families’ histories, pictures of settlers and much more.
The Spray Pioneer Museum is open six days a week from Memorial Weekend through Labor Day and during the other nine months, it's open a minimum of the first Saturday of each month. Upon request, the Museum is open for schools, bus tours, and other parties that wish to visit.
*One of the many stops along the John Day River Farm Trail
Spray Pioneer Museum